Baby it’s cold outside. And what better way to cozy up to the fire this weekend than with a delish dessert. This Bailey’s and hot chocolate tiramisu recipe is calling our name!
¼ cup hot water
¼ cup hot chocolate powder
¼ cup Baileys Original
2 whole eggs
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cups mascarpone cheese
Makes 4 servings
– Mix 2 tsp of hot chocolate powder and hot water, and stir until chocolate is dissolved. Add the Baileys Original.
– In a double boiler, quickly and continuously whisk 2 egg yolks and sugar until completely combined and the mixture becomes the texture of syrup. Take care not to over cook the eggs. Remove from heat and set aside.
– In a separate bowl whisk (with handheld whisker) 2 egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Set mixture aside.
– Fold the mascarpone cheese into the egg yolk mixture. Combine well until creamy and continue by folding it into the egg white mixture.
– Using 2 mugs, place 3 ladyfingers at the bottom of each. Generously brush with the hot cocoa Baileys mixture. Next spoon the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers. Then sprinkle with hot chocolate powder. Repeat process 2 times. On the last round end with the ladyfingers and place on top of them either hand whipped heavy cream or canned whip cream.
– Top with mini marshmallows, a sprinkle of hot chocolate mix, and a wafer straw.
picture and recipe via Pham Fatale